Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Box! (Logan's Run)


"Fish! and Plankton! and Sea Greens and Protein from the Sea!"

Originally stationed in his ice cave to preserve all the seafood goodies sent his way, Box got a little... weird... when the shipments stopped showing up. So now, he preserves people instead! Every Megadungeon deserves a Box, don't you think?

Box
HD: 8 (hp 44)
AC: 1[18]
Attacks: 2 Metal Hands (1d6), Ice-pick hand (2d6) or Freezy Spray (special)
Saving Throw: 8
Special: Freezy Spray
Move: 9
Alignment: Neutral (Insane)
Challenge Level/XP: 9 /1100
Box's Freezy Spray causes 2d6 points of damage in a 15' arc and the victim(s) must roll a saving throw. Any who succeed are affected as if by a slow spell, and those who fail are frozen alive until they are somehow thawed out.

9 comments:

  1. Awesome. I agree: every dungeon does need a Box.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to play this clip over and over at work...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I have to put a Box into my dungeon now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. As Simon said - this is going in my dungeon now. Thanks, Al.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whenever I make the drinks at work I want to say, "Tea, coffee, proteins from the sea?" It's getting harder to resist...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very funny. The PCs killed Box in my megadungeon just a few weeks ago. Poor guy...he just wanted to do his job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to make all kinds of Logan's Run joked when i turned 30. Oh, I thought I was getting sooo old and needed humor to take the edge off. Then I turned 40. Oy vey.

    Great write-up. You've inspired me to take another look at the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks again! You always come up with such amazing ideas. :)

    ___
    call Nepal

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha really neat. I might use it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...